The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) implements the National Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) programme with funding support from the Government of Switzerland and in close partnership with the Ministry of Environment and Forestry and the Ministry of Industry. To support its programme, UNIDO is now seeking highly qualified national candidates to fill the following position:
|Main Duty Station and Location:||Bandung (Indonesia), with duty travel throughout Indonesia to be separately authorized|
|Start of Contract (EOD):||01 October 2017|
|Number of Working Days:||Full Time|
* Organizational Context*
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized United Nations organization that promotes inclusive and sustainable industrial development in developing and emerging economies.
UNIDO implements the global Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) Programme in close cooperation. RECP concerns the application of preventive environmental techniques and productivity practices with the triple aim of improving the productive use of materials, energy and water; reducing the intensity of generation of wastes and emissions; and supporting human development (in particular through improved occupational, community and consumers’ health and safety).
This project post pertains to the National RECP Programme in Indonesia, which was initiated in 2012 with funding support from the Government of Switzerland. The Ministry of Environment and Forestry and Ministry of Industry are the main governmental counterparts in Indonesia. The primary target group comprises several categories of enterprises, namely small scale industries (focused on agro/food processing and textile sectors), industrial parks (focused on Batam and Makassar), tourism (focused on Lake Toba and Sleman/Magelang) and micro-enterprises (focus on rice mills). The enterprise demonstration activities are supported by project activities targeting innovation (in particular towards eco-industrial parks/industrial symbiosis and green chemistry and engineering), policy change and improved access to finance (www.recpindonesia.org).
The RECP Process Engineer is assigned to the industry demonstration and innovation components of the Indonesian RECP Programme and is based at the Centre for Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Indonesia (CRECPI) in Bandung.
She/he will work under the guidance of the UNIDO project manager and the ITB appointed CRECPI Directors, and in close cooperation with UNIDO appointed international Chief Technical Advisor and the National Deputy Chief Technical Advisor. By providing her/his technical expertise and industry experience, the RECP Process Engineer is for the duration of the present contract principally responsible to support the execution of RECP assessments in industrial zones (Makassar and Batam) and the launch of the workstream on eco-industrial parks/industrial symbiosis.
*Function and Key Expected Results*
The RECP Process Engineer will work under the supervision of the Project Manager based in the Industrial Resource Efficiency Unit at UNIDO headquarters (based in Vienna, Austria) and with the additional guidance of UNIDO’s Chief Technical Advisor and National Deputy Chief Technical Advisor (based at CRECPI in Bandung).
The main function of the RECP Process Engineer is to support the execution of and follow up to RECP assessments in nominated industrial enterprises, in particularly those located in industrial zones, and facilitate the implementation of resulting RECP options by those enterprises individually and/or collectively.
First university degree in process engineering field (chemical, mechanical and/or other) complemented with master’s degree with specialization relevant to energy and/or natural resources management and/or technology.
- Minimum of 2 years directly relevant work experience in industrial or process engineering and/or energy and/or environmental management and technology in Indonesia;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the industry sector in Indonesia, including its representative structures and stakeholders and the operating environment and challenges of enterprises, in particular Small and Medium Enterprises;
- Excellent communication, advocacy, drafting and facilitation skills; and
- Prior knowledge of and experience in application of RECP methods and techniques in enterprises is a strong asset.
Fluent (oral and written) in English and Indonesian.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the UN System in general, and specifically the UNIDO Green Industry Initiative and its flagship RECP programme and the affiliated global RECPnet; and
- Treats people and institutions fairly and without favoritism.
- Proven results orientation and accountable for contributing individually and as part of the national team towards their achievement
- Proven analytical capacity;
- Ability for planning and establishing priorities, steering and monitoring the work of others and delegating and assuming responsibility where appropriate;
- Resource-fullness, initiative and maturity of judgement; and
- Excellent computer/information system skills.
Management and Leadership Competencies:
- Strong results orientation;
- Effective problem solver;
- Demonstrated capacity-development and facilitation skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positive-constructive attitude; and
- Flexible and responsive with a client-orientation.
*How to Apply*
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
Expressions of interest including brief motivation and up-to-date curriculum vitae with three references should be received by Close of Business on 16th September 2017, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Term of Reference of this position can be downloaded at http://recpindonesia.org/recp-vacancy